About the Patient Participation Group
The Patient Participation Group (PPG) is a communication channel between the Surgery, it's patients and the public in it's locality. Any registered patient or carer of a registered patient at any Lister House location is eligible to join the PPG. Volunteers and Surgery staff work together to improve patients' experience. They do this by:
- Offering opinions in a constructive manner and to put forward ideas on behalf of other patients
- Support in clinical commissioning decisions where appropriate
- Improving communication between surgery, patients and the wider community about matters concerning the surgery and health in general
- Providing assistance in development of new services
- Encouraging a spirit of self help and support amongst patients to improve their health and social care
- Acting as ambassadors for the Surgery at events and in the wider community
The PPG operate in accordance with their Terms of Reference.
Join the Patient Participation Group
You can find out more about being a volunteer here.
If you are interested in learning more about the PPG or joining you can contact the Chair via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this email is monitored by our patient volunteers and Lister House colleagues do not have access.
If you would like to speak to someone at Lister House about the PPG you can contact the Surgery PPG Lead on email@example.com
Our PPG meetings take place at Lister House Pear Tree on Monday evenings:
- 18/07/22 – 6.00 – 7.30pm (online meeting only to protect workforce from increased covid cases in primary care settings)