Lister House Surgery are looking to employ additional:
Advanced Clinical Practitioners
To join our growing team.
Are you an ACP with a paramedic or nursing background?
Are you driven to practice and achieve within the four pillars of advance practice and participate in the new national frameworks for Advanced Practice?
Are you keen to develop or enhance a career in Primary Care?
Lister house is a proactive, dynamic, forward thinking practice, who already have an established compliment of nursing, pharmacy and physiotherapy ACPs both qualified and in training.
We are committed to supporting the successful candidate in a career in general practice where they will have the ability to further develop and enhance their skills in a primary care setting. They will be encouraged to contribute to the development of the practice as well as taking the opportunity to focus on their own development and explore new ways of working to best support the needs of our patients.
- Be committed to Advanced Practice and its role within healthcare provision
- Be motivated as an individual but also as a team player, Lister House is keen to promote its team ethic right across the practice
- Be flexible to the needs of the service delivery
- Be NMC registered with appropriate academic qualifications to support this registration.
- Have or be working towards an MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice (an independent prescribing qualification is desirable) or Level 7 modules consisting of Advanced Clinical Assessment and management and consultation skills or equivalent (see job description and person specification)
Attached is a comprehensive job description and person specification.
We offer a competitive salary, good terms and conditions, and appropriate training opportunities.
Interested candidates should apply in writing, attaching an up to date CV to Sylvie Porté-Saastamoinen, Practice Development Manager.
- By following the links
- By Email to Sylvie.Porte@nhs.net
- In writing to Lister House Surgery, 207 St Thomas Road, Derby DE23 8RJ
You are welcome to contact Sylvie by email at Sylvie.Porte@nhs.net with a view to arranging a discussion about the position.
Lister House is a forward thinking surgery. We are keen to embrace the opportunity to work with Allied Health Professionals to enhance the service we offer to our patients. We are Looking to employ a
First Contact Physiotherapist
(with an opportunity to work in the Derby City MSK – CATS service)
to join our growing multi-disciplinary team.
The practice is committed to supporting the successful candidate in a career in general practice where you will have opportunities to enhance your skills in a primary care setting. You will be encouraged to contribute to the development of the role and to explore new ways of working to best support the needs of our patients.
The role is
- To work as a first contact physiotherapist in general practice with an opportunity to work for the Derby City MSK CATS service.
- To provide an advanced level of clinical expertise in the assessment, diagnosis and management of patients, providing an expert Physiotherapy resource to primary care.
- To work across the Partnership, supporting the MSK CATS service and the general practice, as a specialist clinician.
- To work independently and autonomously with the support of both an established physiotherapy team and readily available on site GPs.
- To support the GP partners and the rest of the physiotherapy team in planning and service development.
You will be
- Keen to use your skills in a new setting
- Confident enough to diagnose and provide appropriate self-care advice, treatment and where required appropriately redirect to other healthcare providers.
- A team player. Lister House is keen to promote its team ethic right across the practice.
- Be flexible to the needs of service delivery.
Attached is a comprehensive job specification.
Salary dependent on experience
We offer a competitive salary, good terms and conditions and appropriate training opportunities.
You are welcome to contact Mrs Trueman by email with a view to arranging a discussion about the position.
Tel: 01332 274 605/ 01332 271212
Call Centre Team Leader/ Trainer Vacancy
JOB TITLE: Call Centre Team Leader/Trainer
LOCATION: Lister House Surgery
REPORTS TO: Call Centre Manager
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
APPRAISAL WITH: Call Centre Manager
SALARY: Lister House Staff Pay System
PENSION: The role holder will be eligible to join the NHS Pension Scheme
UNIFORM: A uniform will be provided which the post holder is expected to wear.
1.DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to incorporate effective Team Leadership and Training to all Call Centre Advisors, working alongside the call centre team to provide bespoke training including all ongoing training and any additional support required to meet service requirements and demands. Working under the guidance of the Call Centre Manager, the post holder will be responsible for the day to day smooth and efficient running for all call centre staff which will include any other associated administration work required for the role.
The post holder does not hold any budgets or have any line management responsibilities. Occasionally the post holder will be required to handle petty cash payments from patients for private GP services.
Please refer to the Business Practice Manager.
4.KEY RESULT AREAS:
Call Centre administration duties:
- Extensive use of General Practice clinical systems (SystmOne) and linked software to update and store data in line with practice policy, ensuring patient records are maintained and up to date for clinical staff to at all times.
- To retrieve information as required from computer and manual systems.
- Work within the Practice’s agreed policies and guidelines.
- To ensure workflows allocated to you are completed in a timely manner.
- Create and manage Call Centre rota’s
- Effectively manage annual leave
- Manage sickness and absence in line with practice procedures and policies.
- Provide a complete training package for all new members of the call centre
- Everyday training, ongoing development and support for our call advisors in line with practice protocol
- Any other duties which may be required and are appropriate for the level and responsibility of this post.
5.GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL PRACTICE EMPLOYED STAFF:
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
Health & Safety
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy to include:
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to practice guidelines
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way, keeping the work place free from hazards
- Reporting potential risks identified.
Equality and diversity
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues to include:
- Acting in a way that recognises the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
Personal and professional development
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the practice and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patient’s needs
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources.
The post-holder should recognize the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members;
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers;
- Recognize people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
Contribution to the implementation of services
6.The post-holder will:
- Apply practice policies, standards and guidance;
- Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, standards and guidelines will affect own work;
- Participate in audit where appropriate.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
7. COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Patients GP partners and salaried staff
External NHS staff Practices nurses /HCA
Hospital departments / clinics Reception Team
Fleets Logistics Other administrative colleagues
Ambulance services Attached nursing teams, district nurses
Health visitors, midwives etc.
8.EXPECTATIONS FOR THIS ROLE
- To prioritise work load and remain calm in a busy environment, dealing with daily demands from the reception team which may involve liaising with patients, doctors etc.
- To deal with and manage the reception team competently on a daily basis.
Please contact Donna McDonnell (Call Centre Manager) with any questions and to also request an application form to apply for the vacancy.
Call Centre Adviser Vacancy
Are you looking for a new challenge working as part of an exciting team where you can make a positive difference?
Due to a recent increase in patient numbers, we are inviting self-motivated, organised individuals who have excellent customer service skills and are passionate about patient care, to apply for the position of a part time (25hrs per week) call centre advisor.
Our brand new call centre is based at Lister House Surgery in Pear Tree. As part of the call centre team you will provide a first class service when answering calls from patients and other health organisations. Ideally you will possess the following skills:
- Have previous experience in a call centre or customer service environment, although full training will be given
- Possess excellent communication; written, verbal and telephony
- Prioritise your workload, working independently and as part of a team
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Previous SystmOne experience (advantageous although not essential)
- Possess grade C and above (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics
In return Lister House Surgery will offer you the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Access to a variety of NHS discounts
If you possess any of the above and would like to be part of a passionate and innovative team, where you will be supported in a caring a professional environment we would love to hear from you.
For further information please contact Donna McDonnell: